This is the base recipe of how to make classic bread!
- Baking Tray or Pan
- 1 package Flour & Herbs Mix
- 280 ml water
- COMBINE mix, water, and yeast. Mix and knead — by hand, mixer, or bread machine set on the dough cycle — for 5 to 10 minutes, adding more water if needed, teaspoon at a time. Dough should be tacky to the touch, smooth and elastic, and springs back when touched lightly with a floured finger.
- PROOF in a lightly greased bowl. Let rise, covered with plastic wrap, for 1 to 2 hours, or until puffy.
- SHAPE into a loaf and place in a lightly greased 9" x 5" loaf pan. Cover and let rise to minutes, depending on warmth of kitchen, until crowned about 1" over rim of pan.
- BAKE in a preheated 430°F oven for 25 to 35 minutes, until golden brown.
- COOL completely on a rack.
Tip: Want crusty bread? Place on the bottom rack in the oven a tray with water while you bake the bread. The steam will make the crust really crispy!